What an awesome Wednesday here in KCMO! Someone turned the heat down to a bearable 85 degrees, so I was actually able to do things outside without any fear of pit stains 🙂
Well it’s that time of the week to share a little Cheer in more ways then one. First through food and the second, well, through food! 🙂
I tend to make the same Green Smoothie time and time again. And as much as I love (and I mean LOVE) a my typical recipe, it was time to awaken the palate. Today I spent most of my day dreaming of tasty, while still hearty and filling, blended delights.
Here are a few things I learned along the way:
- always make sure your lid is safely secure otherwise your white kitchen will be decorated green for the day.
- grapefruit is a tricky fruit to make green smoothies with.
- don’t forget, lemon juice is an acid and when added to milk (dairy or non) it causes it to curdle. Not so tasty delight.
- when you run out of nondairy milk, go to the store and get more because water is not good substitute.
- don’t forget to pit your dates. Oops!
- I never get tired of green smoothies! 🙂
Sometimes we all need a little reminder on kitchen basics. Even those of us who seem to be in theirs more than 50% of their day.
The two smoothies that won top honors today are The Berrivado and The Pina-Peach – fun right? Both super flavorful, light and refreshing, and yet satisfying enough to hold you over until your next meal. And I can’t forget to mention Rock Stars in the “Hell Yeah for Healthy” tour. Rock out with your blenders!
3/4 bag frozen mixed berries (organic when possible)
1 c. almond milk
1 – 2 dates (pitted!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop vegan protein (unflavored is best, but vanilla would work well too)
– You know the drill. Everything in the blender, mix on high. Lick your lips, grab a mug, serve, and smile!
Smoothie num nums!
1/3 bag frozen peaches
1 c. coconut milk (not the canned kind, the kind in the cooler section in a box)
1 tsp coconut oil (option, but gives great depth of flavor)
1 big handful greens (spinach works best here)
1 scoop protein powder (vanilla is great here, otherwise unflavored works well too)
-Same goes. Blender. Blend. Serve. Sip. Smile.
Feel the sand between your toes.
Happy Weekly Wednesday Cheer!
Tell me about you.